Don't miss out on all of the possibilities that your ALEC membership has to offer.
This includes competitive rates, new and exciting products and services, lower and fewer fees and top-notch service. Reactivate your ALEC account today by simply calling us 24/7 at 800.762.9988, stopping by any ALEC Service Center or completing the Contact Us form. We're happy to help you!
What causes my account to go dormant?
Your account will be categorized as dormant if you have not completed the following within the last 12 months:
- A transaction has not been made to your ALEC Savings, Checking or Money Market account, OR
- A dividend has not been posted to an active ALEC Certificate, OR
- An active ALEC loan or Credit Card doesn't exist, OR
- An active relationship doesn't exist with ALEC Investment Advisors
What is the dormancy fee? When is it assessed?
If any of the above conditions have not been met within the last 12 months, OR you do not have an aggregate savings balance equal to or greater than $500, a dormancy fee of $10 per month will be assessed. The dormancy fee will be assessed each month the account remains dormant beginning with the first month following dormancy status.
For additional details, please review our fee schedule.
What are some options for me to reactivate my account?
You have many different ways to choose from when reactivating your account, including the following:
- Conduct a transaction in person on your ALEC Savings or Checking account at an ALEC Service Center or Shared Branch
- Download the ALEC Mobile Banking app and conduct a transaction on your mobile device
- Once you've downloaded the ALEC Mobile Banking app, enroll in Mobile Deposit to deposit checks using your camera-enabled device
- Apply for an ALEC Visa® or other ALEC loan
How do I download the ALEC Mobile Banking App?
To download the ALEC Mobile Banking App for mobile or tablet devices, you will first need to enroll in Mobile Banking within ALEC Online Banking. To do this, please click on Self Service within Online Banking and then Mobile Banking. After you have enrolled in Mobile Banking, you can download the ALEC Mobile Banking App from your phone or tablet.
For Android-powered smartphones, download our app from the Google Play Store by searching "ALEC Mobile Banking."
For iPhones, search and download the ALEC Mobile Banking app from the iTunes Store.
Where can I find a location near me?
To find a location near you, please click on the Locations link on the top of any page on this site. Once you are on the Locations page, simply enter in your home or work zip code to find ALEC Service Centers, Shared Branch locations, deposit-taking ATMs and surcharge-free ATMs near you.
What is Shared Branching? What transactions can I conduct at a Shared Branch location?
Through ALEC's partnership with CO-OP, Shared Branch enables you to visit participating credit unions across the country. When you visit a Shared Branch, you can make the following transactions:
- Deposits, withdrawals and balance inquiries
- Loan payments*
- Transfers between accounts
- Check cashing**
- Money orders and official checks†
- Cash advances
* Visa® credit card payments are not available. You have the option of depositing the payment to your savings or checking account and then transferring your payment online or contacting ALEC to transfer the funds to make your payment.
** Check must be initially deposited into your account and withdrawal depends on availability of funds.
† There is no cost for standard transactions — however ancillary products like money orders, prepaid gift cards and notary services may incur a fee by the participating credit union.
†† iTunes is a trademark of Apple Inc.