The ALEC Visa® Debit Card is all about giving you freedom and flexibility. It puts you in immediate touch with your money and allows you to pay electronically with a quick swipe of your card — a lot faster than writing a check.
Along with making purchases more convenient for you, the ALEC Visa® Debit Card also can be used to make withdrawals from an ATM. Funds are instantly deducted from your linked ALEC Free Checking, ALEC Rewards Checking or ALEC Savings account.
Personalize your debit card by adding your own special photo.
Withdraw up to $750 per 24-hour period from your ALEC account.
Free ATM Access
Access at over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs in the U.S. and Canada.
Zero liability** against fraudulent debit signature transactions.
Use your ALEC debit card anywhere Visa® is accepted without worry.***
- 6 free non-ALEC ATM withdrawals per month* from an ALEC Free Checking account.
- 10 free non-ALEC ATM withdrawals per month* from an ALEC Rewards Checking account.
Activating Your Visa® Debit Card
When you receive your ALEC Visa® Debit Card, call the Activate Cards/Reset Pin phone number, 800.992.3808, and follow the voice prompts to immediately activate it.
Manage Your ALEC Debit Card
Managing your card is easier than ever with our new ALEC Debit Card Valet app. Just a few of the great benefits include:
- Lock and Unlock your card at any time, for any reason.
- Get instant alerts whenever your card is used.
- Set card limits.
Lost or Stolen Debit Card?**.
- If your ALEC Visa® Debit Card is lost or stolen, please contact us to report it immediately.
- To contact Visa®, please call 800.472.3272 to report it immediately. If you are international, please contact us.
- Your ALEC Visa® card comes with worry-free protection. Should any unauthorized transactions occur on your card within the Visa® network, you’re 100 percent covered against fraudulent activity — with zero liability on your part.
Notify us of your travel plans
ALEC takes your account security seriously. We strive to protect your assets from fraudsters. All ALEC Visa® Cards are screened by ALEC's fraud monitoring 24/7. Whether you are traveling, shopping, or spending some quality time with family, ALEC is there to help protect your accounts.
ALEC wants your next trip to be as hassle-free as possible. To prevent any temporary card suspension or purchases being denied, you can also notify us by calling 24/7 to 800.762.9988, sending a secure message through Online Banking or stopping by any Service Center.
* There will be a fee for each transaction over the amount noted. See ALEC's Fee Schedule. Please note, there may be a fee assessed by the ATM owner, if it is not part of ALEC’s surcharge-free network.
** Tell us at once if you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check or draft. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card and/or code without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card and/or code without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. Additional Limit on Liability for Debit Card. Unless you have been grossly negligent or have engaged in fraud, you will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions using your lost or stolen debit card. This additional limit on liability does not apply to ATM transactions or to transactions using your personal identification number, which are not processed by Visa®.