The ALEC Visa® Debit Card is all about giving you freedom and flexibility. It puts you in immediate touch with your money and allows you to pay electronically with a quick swipe of your card — a lot faster than writing a check.
Along with making purchases more convenient for you, the ALEC Visa® Debit Card also can be used to make withdrawals from an ATM. Funds are instantly deducted from your linked ALEC Free Checking, ALEC Rewards Checking or ALEC Savings account.
Features and benefits of our Visa® Debit Card.
- Withdraw up to $750 per 24-hour period from your ALEC Checking or Savings account
- Access at over 31,000 surcharge-free ATMs, including 9,000 deposit-accepting ATMs and 5,000 Shared Branch locations in the U.S. and Canada
- 6 free non-ALEC ATM withdrawals per month* from an ALEC Free Checking account
- 10 free non-ALEC ATM withdrawals per month* from an ALEC Rewards Checking account
- Photo personalization option
- Zero liability** against fraudulent debit signature transactions processed through the Visa network
- Use it anywhere Visa is accepted
How to activate your Visa® Debit Card.
When you receive your ALEC Visa® Debit Card, call the number on the attached sticker and follow the voice prompts to immediately activate it.
*There will be a fee for each transaction over the amount noted. See ALEC’S Fee Schedule. Please note there may be a fee assessed by the ATM owner, if it is not part of ALEC’s surcharge-free network.
**Generally, tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check or draft. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card and/or code without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card and/or code without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. Additional Limit on Liability for Debit Card. Unless you have been grossly negligent or have engaged in fraud, you will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions using your lost or stolen debit card. This additional limit on liability does not apply to ATM transactions or to transactions using your personal identification number which are not processed by Visa®