Use a stock you own to secure a loan.
ALEC offers you the ability to borrow money using the value of a stock you own that is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). In addition, if you’re a sponsor employee with stock options, we can structure an ALEC stock loan by helping you exercise them. While you maintain ownership of the stock and any dividends from it, the stock serves as collateral for the loan.
With a stock-secured loan, you can use the money for anything you want — including purchasing a vehicle, making improvements to your home, paying for college, or any other purpose.
ALEC Stock Loans feature:
- A competitive rate – lower than those for most mortgage loans or other secured loans
- Flexible terms up to 15 months prior to scheduled payment
- Convenient repayment methods via transfers from ALEC Savings or Checking
- 24/7 online access to account
- Potential for a 0.25% loan discount off standard loan rates *
When you’re ready, so are we.
|Account Type||Loan Term||APR* as low as|
|Stock Loans - Single Pay||Up to 15 months||4.00 %|
|Stock Loans - Installment||Up to 60 months||5.00 %|
*APR Annual Percentage Rate. All loans subject to credit approval. Rates subject to credit history, term, and other factors. Rates can change daily. Rate displayed includes a 0.25% APR rate discount. Returning loan members who have a current loan with ALEC and is applying for a new loan will automatically receive a 0.25% APR rate discount. New loan members who do not have any current loans with ALEC must have an ALEC Checking Account (Free or Rewards) with $500 in direct deposit per statement cycle AND be enrolled in E-Statements to be eligible for the 0.25% APR discount. Maximum term on a Single Pay Stock loan is 15 months. All other loans have terms up to 60 months. Stock held in your IRA, 401K Plan or mutual funds is not held in your name, therefore it cannot be used as collateral.
* ALEC members will automatically earn a 0.25% APR loan discount if they are a new member applying for a loan within the first 60 days of membership OR if they are a returning ALEC loan member. Existing members that don't meet the above criteria earn the 0.25% APR discount with a $500 monthly direct deposit into an ALEC Checking account and enrollment in E-Statements.
** All loans subject to approval.