Earn a higher rate while enjoying outstanding flexibility.
An ALEC Money Market is designed to provide a better rate of return than a regular savings account, without sacrificing liquidity or security.
Rates are tiered, with higher balances earning a higher APY.* Check out our current competitive rates.
Features of an ALEC Money Market Account:
- $2,000 minimum opening balance
- Free checks for the life of the account
- Up to six withdrawals or transfers per month, including withdrawals by checks
- Unlimited monthly withdrawals if made in person at an ALEC Service Center
- Minimum withdrawal amount is $100
Your money is safe.
Rest assured, all ALEC accounts come with the security and peace of mind of insurance. Each account is insured up to $250,000 by American Share Insurance (ASI), the nation's largest private deposit insurer. No credit union member has ever lost a penny in an ASI-insured account.
Start today, earn more tomorrow.
|Account Type||Minimum to Earn APY||Nominal Rate||APY*|
|Money Market||$100,000 and over||0.349%||0.35%|
|$50,000 - $99,999.99||0.250%||0.25%|
|$2,000 - $49,999.99||0.200%||0.20%|
* The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is the rate that is earned if the funds are left to compound for one year. All dividends are paid monthly based on the daily average balance. Rates subject to change monthly. The nominal rate is the rate used to calculate the monthly dividend.