Join ALEC today to enjoy a lifetime of exceptional benefits
As a member of ALEC, you’ll enjoy an outstanding selection of financial products, services, great rates, and lower fees — along with our commitment to provide you the very best personalized service.
Best of all, you can take advantage of everything ALEC offers for as long as you wish — even if you move, change jobs or retire.
And now, receive our special promotion of up to $150*! Here's how to qualify:
Wondering if you can join?
Today, there are more than 31,000 individuals around the country who are taking advantage of the outstanding financial products and services ALEC offers. They all have one thing in common--they love saving money!
Membership in ALEC is available to:
- ✓ Employees and retirees of Abbott and AbbVie
- ✓ Family members of current Abbott and AbbVie employees
- ✓ Family members of current ALEC members
Eligible family members include:
- Domestic Partners
- Legal Dependents
Have questions? We're here to help.
The sooner you move over to ALEC, the more you can begin to save. To streamline the process and make it easier for you, we’ve put together an ALEC Switch Kit. Our Switch Kit is an extremely helpful way to put your accounts and recurring services in order, notify your other financial institution(s) and track your changes.
We’re making it even easier to join ALEC.
- If you would rather start your membership in person you can visit any of our ALEC Service Centers and we’ll be glad to get you started.
- You can also complete a membership application. Then mail the application in with a $5 savings deposit and a copy of a valid driver’s license or other government-issued ID.
ATTN: New Accounts
325 Tri-State Parkway
Gurnee, IL 60031-5280
Yes, you can open an account at ALEC with your trust. You will be required to provide your trust documents to open your account or convert an existing account to a trust.
To refer a family member to ALEC, simply complete the secure referral form on our website. After we receive your completed form, we will contact your family member to establish their membership. You can also encourage your family members to join online, visit an ALEC Service Center or contacting us at 800.762.9988.
* To receive the bonus: Open a new ALEC membership and a checking account, establish a $500 monthly direct deposit to this account within 90 days of account opening and sign up for E-Statements. ALEC Rewards Checking account will receive $150, Free Checking will receive $50. Memberships will be reviewed after 90 days; at that time, the bonus of $150 or $50 will be credited if requirements are met. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT or Form 1042-S. Promotion is subject to change or termination at any time. Only one new member incentive per membership. Offer may not be combined with other new member incentives. Membership eligibility requirements must be met to join ALEC. For additional requirements go to Rewards Checking accounts.