Congrats, undergrad. You’re heading off to college where you’re sure to shine. With smart banking tools from ALEC, you can be sure your financial future is just as bright.
ALEC Student Banking Kit
Get all the banking essentials you need to ace your personal finances. Pick and choose the products right for you (great for high schoolers, too.)
- Share Savings Account: Multiply your own money, hit your parents up for less cash. A share savings account gets your membership started*.
- Free Checking Account: Keeping your spending in check with no minimum balance, zero account fees, and 24/7 online account tracking**. Good answer. Choice for your money.
- ALEC Student Rewards Visa Credit Card: Score some extra credit. Get a low rate, a responsible credit $1,000 limit and earn rewards points on purchases while you’re at it.***
More products that make the grade
- Free Debit Card: A debit card for convenient purchases + an ATM card for accessing cash at over 28,000 ATMs nationwide = a no-brainer.
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay: Take a break from Facebook to check account balances, transfer funds or pay bills online 24/7.
- Free E-statements: Go green managing your green. Sign up for electronic account statements delivered to your online banking account each month—free.
- Free Mobile Banking: Monitor your accounts using your mobile phone- receive alerts, view accounts, transfer funds and even pay bills.
- Financial Resources: School yourself in banking do’s and don’ts with access to helpful financial info and resources.
Enroll before you go.
Sign up at any ALEC service center, by phone at 800.762.9988, or online HERE.
*A $5 deposit into a share savings is required to establish an ALEC membership.
**Checking account: A joint owner is required for students age 16 and 17.
** Available to students attending an accredited secondary school or have received an official acceptance letter to one. All loans subject to credit approval. Rates subject to credit history, term and other factors. Students under 21 may require a guarantor.
Looking for more from your card? Consider one of the these cards that offer rewards points for everyday purchases.
With these cards you can:
- Get bonus points if you spend a certain amount in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn points for every dollar spent on your every day purchases
- Earn points without a cap
- Use your points to redeem for cash, merchandise, gift cards or travel
- Redeem for cash on your mobile device — it's easy!
You can also carry the memories with you.
Design your Own Card