ALEC is closely monitoring the latest reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and has proactively taken a number of precautionary measures for the health and safety of our members and employees. Our focus has been and will continue to be on the well-being of our members and employees and our thoughts are with those who may have been impacted.
Rest assured, all ALEC Service Centers remain open and available to you at this time for all of your banking needs. We are taking additional steps with our daily cleaning procedures on all high-touch surfaces. We are also educating all employees on best practices recommended by the CDC and encourage employees who feel ill to remain at home. Furthermore, we have contingency plans in place that are designed to minimize any service disruptions due to coronavirus impacts. These include remote access capabilities, alternate work locations for employees and continuity plans for critical operations.
If you would prefer not to visit one of our Service Center locations, ALEC has a myriad of ways you can complete your banking remotely. You can access your accounts and complete transactions in the following ways:
- We encourage you to access your ALEC accounts 24/7 by using Online Banking or ALEC’s Mobile Banking App. If you do not have the ALEC Mobile app, you can download it via the Apple App store or Google Play store.
- Within the ALEC Mobile app, you can view transactions, check balances, make payments with ALEC Bill Pay and more. If you are not enrolled in or having problems accessing Online or Mobile Banking and need assistance, please call us 24/7 at 800.762.9988.
- If you have any checks to deposit, you can use the ALEC Mobile Deposit feature in the mobile app. You will need to have the ALEC Mobile App on your phone or tablet to use this service.
- You can always visit one of our ATMs. We have nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide through our partnership with the CO-OP Network. You can withdraw cash, transfer funds, make loans payments and make cash or check deposits at many of the ATMs.
- Use our Interactive Teller Machines (ITMs) at our Gurnee location. Conduct all of your transactions from the comfort of your car. Simply drive up, speak with one of our Member Service Representatives and you’re good to go! You can also use any of the ITMs as an ATM for cash withdrawals or deposits 24/7.
- Utilize the night deposit box at our Gurnee, AP6 or AP30 Service Centers. You can drop your deposit or loan payment off in our night deposit box and it will be processed the next business day.
- Use Telephone Banking. If you would prefer not using Online or Mobile Banking, you have the ability of check your account balance, retrieve history, transfer funds and more right from your phone with ALEC’s Telephone Banking service. Simply dial 847.688.8000 or toll-free at 800.762.9988, Option 2 to get started.
While it is impossible for anyone to predict the future impacts of the coronavirus, rest assured that we have the employees, digital tools, products and services to serve you during this time. We thank you for the trust you have placed in ALEC for your financial needs. We will continue to work diligently to maintain this trust throughout this situation and in the years to come.
If you have any questions, please contact us 24/7 at 800.762.9988.